12 Sep 25 Things I am Grateful for
On Sunday, I turn 25 and for the first time in a long time, I am feeling rather bleak towards my birthday. It’s not the part about getting older that is bringing me down, it’s just everything that is going on around us that makes it hard to be excited. So, instead of my usual birthday wishlist, where I search near and far for things I’d love for my birthday, I thought I’d change things up and write a gratitude list of the things that I am most grateful for.
- Rediscovering my faith.
- The comfort I find in my husband.
- Seeing the world through the eyes of our children.
- Having a business that I can call ours.
- Our home.
- Seeing our children happy.
- Having an incredible and encouraging support system.
- Saturday afternoons spent watching soccer and braaing.
- Discovering a new book or series, that makes me want to stay up all night bingeing.
- A hot cup of tea after a long day.
- Having flexibility so that when our children need me, I can be there.
- My husband’s unfailing love for me and our children.
- My sense of humour.
- Face masks – gosh I love Face masks.
- Finding friendship in people both near and far.
- Learning from my gran, the difference between having a relationship with God and the religion we’ve been taught at school.
- My silly Sheever dog who always seems to know when I need cuddles the most.
- The warmth of the sun on my skin, when I work outside, on the deck.
- Finding hope through the darkest of times.
- The rain.
- My clients who give me a reason to love what I do, and who trust me with their businesses.
- The rare occasions when my skin looks clear and supple.
- Days where I have more than 5 minutes to do my makeup.
- My child-like excitement over special occasions like Christmas and Birthdays.
- Everything that has happened in the last 25 years – the good, the bad, and the beautiful – because it helps mould me into the person I need to be for me, my husband and our children.
That rounds up 25 things I am most grateful for right now – some quite random, others quite significant – but they’re all darn wonderful and deserve a place on this list. What’s something you are most grateful for?
I am the blogger behind By Megan Kelly, mom of two boys, named Axl (5-years old) and Eli (1-year old), and local business owner of Dr. Design. I live on copious amounts of coffee, work as a community manager and digital marketer, and spend my free time listening to podcasts and bible journalling. I also enjoy baking fresh treats for my family, exploring our local city, and looking for new family-friendly places for our kids to enjoy. On the weekends, you’ll likely find me shouting at the soccer and showing my support for Tottenham, while pretending to know what I am doing in the Fantasy League. I can be bribed with chocolate and will never admit to having too much makeup – although, I probably do.