07 Aug 25 Things you probably don’t know about me
Some of you have been following me for as long as four years already, which is just crazy (and I’m truly grateful to have you here)! I realize that while I do share parts of my life, especially on social media, I haven’t really told you much about me. So, I thought it would be fun to share some things you probably didn’t already know about me (unless you’re my best friend or husband.)
1. I don’t drink the last sip of coffee, tea, hot chocolate or coldrink
2. I was struck by lightning when I was 7.
3. I attended 6 primary schools and 4 high schools, growing up.
4. I hate wearing jeans – hate it!
5. I have a photographic memory
6. My favourite social media platform is Twitter.
7. I work for a logistics marketing company full time but also do freelance work in SEO and Content Writing.
8. If I could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, it’d be Marc Cuban, Elon Musk and Steve Jobs.
9. I binge watch series. A LOT of series. Want something new to watch? Tweet me!
10. I rarely ever drink alcohol.
11. I go without makeup more often than I wear makeup (I know, shocking!).
12. Both my children got their first names from characters in TV series we watch.
13. I had a lisp growing up and taught myself to correct it, but now my lips sort of go skew when I speak.
14. I’m very short.
15. I swear… A lot.
16. I’ve never smoked.
17. I’ve never broken a bone and still have my tonsils, appendix and wisdom teeth.
18. On that note, the only times I have ever been in hospital is to give birth to my boys.
19. My favourite beverage is Coke.
20. I have no tattoos (but really want a few), have my ears pierced and, in my teens, had my tongue and lip pierced too.
21. My favourite story is the tale of Pandora and I reread it whenever I am going through challenges in life.
22. I hate shopping but LOVE online shopping.
23. I rarely buy clothes/makeup when it’s not on sale.
24. I happen to be a bargain hunter!
25. My maiden name is Hardcastle – fancy AF hey?
I am the creator behind By Megan Kelly, mom of two boys, named Axl (4-years old) and Eli (1-year old), and local business owner of Dr. Design. I live on copious amounts of coffee, spend my free time listening to podcasts while I garden or journal, and really enjoy baking fresh treats for my family. On the weekends, you’ll likely find me exploring our local city, looking for new family-friendly places for our kids, but that’s only if I am not already shouting at the soccer on TV. I support Tottenham and enjoy pretending to know what I am doing in the Fantasy League, but really I am just in it for the laughs. I can be bribed with chocolate and will never admit to having too much makeup – although, I probably do.