09 Feb Fearless Summers with Pantene Pro-V
Summer isn’t over, and Pantene Pro-V Formula is encouraging us to live our most fearless summer yet, with their Repair and Protect Range. As much as summer is synonymous with all the best things in life like pool parties, watermelon selfies, swimming in the ocean and lazy days in the sun, (floating on a unicorn lilo, of course!) summer also happens to put our hair at risk of damage that can last throughout the year!
To help combat hair damage, caused by the harsh elements of summer, Pantene and I have collaborated to share tips to repair and protect your hair, so that you can live a fearless summer!
The Pantene Repair & Protect range is the most advanced Pro-V formula yet, and works at the core to repair hair and make it up to 15x stronger, so you can repair the damage caused by summer’s harsh elements. Pantene believes that with regular use of their shampoo and conditioner, you will be preventing cuticle damage and locking in your hair’s natural moisture, so that your hair will remain hydrated, and vibrant! The range also aims to improve smoothness and gives the much wanted silky feel by reducing the friction between the hair’s strands. Much to my liking, living on the coast means that humidity = frizzy hair, but with Pantene’s new Repair and Protect formula, I can look forward to fearless summer days with flawless styles and zero flyaways.
A fearless summer isn’t that hard to achieve, thanks to the new Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect range, but I have shared some quick tips to keeping your summer style, while protecting your hair from year-long damage.
1. Remember that the sun damages and dries out your hair, so ensure that your haircare range aims to seal and protect your hair, by locking in moisture. For extra care, dress up your summer outfit with bold accessories like a sun hat!
TRY: Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Dosing your hair with a moisturizing soufflé or conditioner before spending the day swimming, will help to protect your hair from damage caused by chlorine. Your hair, much like a sponge, can’t soak up pool water, if it is already saturated with a moisturizing formula.
TRY: Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Gold Deep Moisturizing Soufflé (Leave-in Treatment)
3. Summer is the perfect time to try your hand at braiding, especially on days where you know you’ll be swimming or out in the wind. Braids are timeless and can take any outfit from drab to fab, but they also help to avoid tangles.
TRY: Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect 24-hr Frizz Fighter
4. Much like your skincare routine, treat your hair to a replenishing mask that aims to restore moisture at least once a week. Masks are a great way to give your hair that extra bit of TLC, especially when you’re putting it through its paces by having a fabulous summer, living it up in the sun!
TRY: Pantene Pro-V Repair & Protect Intensive Moisture Masque
In essence, just like you should always keep your body hydrated, it is essential to keep your hair hydrated too. Sea water and chlorine can add to the damage by drying out your hair, so provide your hair with the right tools to ward off dryness, and prevent further damage. For hair that is vibrant, soft and silky smooth, choose the range that aims to repair and protect your hair, no matter the season! Always live fearlessly and choose Pantene.
I tried and tested the new range, here’s what I thought:
I have always been a fan of the readily available and affordable range offered by Pantene, I also like their large 750ml bottles because it usually means I don’t need to worry about running out of product, for the next month or two! I find the larger bottles especially convenient over December when I have family and friends visiting, who are welcome to use the products in the bathroom. It doesn’t hurt that their products are gentle on the budget and help get you through Janu-worry – at least you don’t have to worry about your hair looking fine! ?
The range gives your hair that extra silky and soft feeling, which is great especially when you’re prone to tangling. I found that the range was especially good for Axl’s hair – which is quite dry from swimming, over the summer. His hair is naturally very curly, so using the 24-hr Frizz Fighter helped maintain moisture while keeping his curls looking great!
Personally, I am a huge fan of the Intensive Moisture Masque, especially as I had a drastic color change over the summer season and needed to repair and restore moisture that my hair lost through the dying process and of course, hours spent in the sun and pool. I ended up using the masque at least twice a week, in the beginning, but now that my hair is back to its glossy prime, I have returned to my usual routine of making it a weekly treat.
Availability & Pricing
The new Pantene range is available at retailers nationwide.
- Pantene Repair & Protect 400ml (Shampoo + Conditioner) R69.99
- Pantene Repair & Protect 750ml (Shampoo + Conditioner) R109.99
- Pantene Gold Deep Moisturizing Soufflé (Leave-in Treatment) available while stocks last R74.99
- Pantene 24-hr Frizz Fighter R74.99
- Pantene Intensive Moisture Masque R48.95
I am Megan Kelly, the creator behind By Megan Kelly, mom of two boys, named Axl and Eli, and local business owner providing digital marketing solutions. I live on copious amounts of coffee, can be bribed with chocolate and will never admit to having too much makeup – although, I probably do.